2012年9月25日 星期二

Digital Illustration

Hi!
 
I'm taking my Illustration electives this year of which I have Digital Illustration, Intro to watercolour, and Pen, Ink & Scratchboard.

In my Digital Illustration class, photoshop proved rather difficult for me. I was not used to any of the brushes and struggled a lot to achieve more contrast in my work, having painted in rather muted palettes for a majority of my personal work. 

Yesterday was only the second class. We did a speed test in which we had to copy a Frank Frazetta illustration within 30 minutes. Frazetta's compositions were very dynamic and a strong point in his fantasy illustrations so it was not only how fast you could copy but also your accuracy in capturing the essential elements within the piece you have chosen.

Here's mine:
   


Overall I think I am very excited for the class because Photoshop is something I've always wanted to be better at. So I will work hard!

沒有留言:

張貼留言